Sunday, April 3, 2011

i'm coming home, coming home, tell the world...

Well, I'm already back so the song lyrics are a bit outdated but whatever.

I was optimistic that I was going to avoid jet lag and the ensuing insomnia since I did catch three hours of sleep last night but alas-- here I am wide awake at 3 in the morning. I hate the first 48 hours of coming back from Asia-- they literally hurt. Not only are you sleep deprived but my stomach isn't used to Western food anymore. And it's boring as hell when you're the only one awake in an entire house. Luckily we have markets open 24 hours a day here so I might end up walking over in a few minutes.

The journey back wasn't bad at all. People were remarkably kind to me at different points.
And I love Beijing's airport! So I'm not in a terrible funk about returning to the States.
I know I should be gathering a few loose ends together so I can be ready to head out again next month but I am just too exhausted to think about it.

I am avoiding working on Visa/Job stuff so here are a few more pictures of Samui before I post about Chiang Mai.

This is called the "sleeping grandfather" rock formation. Can you guess why?
This one is awake! Haha.
Fortunes. We went to the temple of the Mummified monk. You shake a can full of sticks with numbers on them. The first one to fall out is your fortune. You find the corresponding number with a paper here. Warning--English translations rarely make sense.
I love waterfalls.

1 comments:

Jared said...

these are really great photos! nicely done :)

Post a Comment